Happy Trails to You
The most popular amenity in our community’s outdoor recreation system, trails link Highlands Ranch neighborhoods, connect residents to one another, and provide a great way to exercise and enjoy the natural beauty of Colorado.
The trail system in Highlands Ranch features concrete, crusher fine (gravel) and single track trails for a variety of users. These trails serve an important role in our community for recreation and transportation purposes.
Trail Safety Tips
When you’re traveling the nearly 70 miles of trails in Highlands Ranch, there are some things you can do to ensure a safe and enjoyable walk, run or bicycle ride. Here are some tips to remember as you travel the trails.
- Leash your pets and pick up after them. If you see a dog off leash, contact the Metro District Park Rangers at 303-540-2311.
- Stay to the right and pass on the left. Be sure to announce yourself to those you are passing. Bicyclists yield to pedestrians.
- Stay on the trails. Shortcutting causes erosion and damages native plants.
- Use your feet. Motorized vehicles are not allowed in the parks or open space.
- If you utilize the trail system after dark, use common sense and know your route.
- Know where you are; take along a trail map.
Trail Resource Links
- Trail Construction Projects
- Trail and Sidewalk Snow Removal
- Healthy Steps Walking List
- Highlands Ranch Outdoors Map
Pick up a copy of the Highlands Ranch Outdoors Map at the following locations:
- Metro District Office Building, 62 W. Plaza Dr.
- Parks, Recreation & Open Space Service Center, 3280 Redstone Park Circle
- Highlands Ranch Library
- Recreation Centers
- Tattered Cover