Staycation Fun in Highlands Ranch
Looking for something fun to do close to home? Check out these free or low-cost activities around Highlands Ranch!
Learn more about staycation ideas by following the Metro District on Facebook.
- Go fishing at Redstone Park Pond, or one of Highlands Ranch’s other great fishing spots. Kids younger than 16 do not need a fishing license, according to regulations from Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- Go geocaching and find some hidden stashes.
- Hit the trail on your bicycle.
- Catch crawdads at Fly’n B Park or walk along the nearby Highline Canal trail.
- Rent a picnic pack of games, such as Lawn Games or Field Day Fun, to play at a park or in your yard. Just call Pam Moisey at 720-240-5932.
- Play horseshoes or bocce at Paintbrush Park. Equipment rentals are available for residents for $10/day.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy a beautiful Colorado sunset from Red-tail Park. Enjoy the views to the west.
- Visit one of the four dog parks with your furry friend and play fetch with a frisbee.
- Improve your swing at the Batter Up! batting cages at Redstone Park.
- Try one of Lebsack Tennis Center’s drop-in classes.
- Visit the Highlands Ranch Veterans Monument and learn about our community’s heroes.
- Play basketball or a game of HORSE.
- Go for a walk through Cheese Ranch Historic and Natural Area and learn about local history.
- Grab binoculars and go for early morning bird watching hike in the open space.
- Learn to skate at Redstone Skate Park.
- Enjoy a gardening day, either inside using containers or out in the yard. Need more inspiration? Visit one of the three community gardens around Highlands Ranch.