Metro District staff plows snow along 150 miles of trails and sidewalks adjacent to major roads in the community. Douglas County is responsible for plowing snow along our streets.
Snow Removal Priorities
- Fire stations
- Walk to school routes
- Sidewalks along parkways
- Hard surface trails
- Parking lots at community and neighborhood parks
- Snow removal is required within 24 hours after the snow has fallen.
- Remove snow from sidewalks in front of and around the side of your home.
- Remove snow around mail boxes and fire hydrants if present.
1. Snow depth – Metro District staff will begin plowing when three inches of snow has accumulated. If there is less than three inches or site conditions are unsafe, the snow crew coordinator will determine the need to remove snow based on weather forecasts and site conditions.
2. Walk to school routes – Metro District staff will attempt to plow snow from designated walk to school routes to various schools 45 minutes prior to the opening time of each school.
3. Follow-up – Follow-up will occur on consecutive days after a snowfall to ensure safe passage. Ice melt or sand will be applied as needed.