Park Facilities Reservations & Fees
Highlands Ranch parks provide a great setting to host graduation, birthday and family reunion events. Park shelters, sports fields, horseshoes and bocce ball courts may be reserved for your private event. Fees vary by location. All facilities are available for use on a first come, first served basis unless they are reserved.
Picnic Packs are outdoor games you can reserve to enhance your party’s entertainment. The Metro District’s Picnic Packs vary from volleyball to horseshoes, to games for the youngest crowd in mind. We offer daily rentals of fun-filled packages.
To reserve a picnic pack, call the Metro District at 303-791-2710.
Picnic Pack options and fees
How to reserve a park shelter:
1. Visit the park page to see what amenities are available at each park. This may include restrooms, playground, electrical outlets, capacity and more.
2. Make sure the park shelter you would like to reserve will accommodate the size of your party. Community parks accommodate 40 to 100+ people; neighborhood parks accommodate up to 40 people. Please note, more than 100 people is considered an event and you will need to obtain a park permit from the Metro District.
3. Check availability for your desired location. Please note reservations must be made in two-hour increments, and there must be a one hour buffer in-between reservations for park maintenance.
4. When you are ready to reserve a park shelter, contact the Metro District at 303-791-2710 or email a reservations specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, address, shelter you would like to reserve, desired date and time, purpose of the event, and number in your party in your email.
5. Prior to your party, please review the park rules. Remember, no glass bottles are allowed.
If the park you are interested in is unavailable, consider checking other nearby parks. Twenty-two of our 25 parks feature park shelters. Call our reservations specialist at 303-791-2710 to assist you in locating the perfect venue for your event.
How to reserve a field:
All park sites, elementary schools and Shea Stadium are reserved through the Metro District. Middle schools and high schools are reserved through Douglas County School District.
To reserve a field contact the Metro District at 303-791-2710.
- Park Shelter and Facility Rental Fee Schedule
- Special Event Application
- Shea Stadium Event Request Form
- Race Application
Metro District Reservations 303-791-2710