The Highlands Ranch Metro District provides a number of municipal services to Highlands Ranch. These services are funded primarily through property taxes, which are among the lowest in the south Denver metro area.
These municipal services include:
- Construction of major roads
- Installation and maintenance of landscaping adjacent to major roads
- Installation of traffic signals and street lights on major roads
- Construction and maintenance of parks and trails
- Youth and adult outdoor recreation and sports programs
- Management and maintenance of extensive natural open space areas
- Construction of storm drainage facilities
- Emergency and fire protection services through a contract with the City of Littleton
- Water and wastewater services through a contract with Centennial Water & Sanitation District
For more information about the Metro District’s services, please call 303-791-0430.