Skate Park Programs
The Metro District has two skate parks for boarders, inline skaters and BMX bikers.
Redstone Skate Park is a 22,000 square foot fenced concrete facility located in Redstone Park. Redstone Park is on Town Center Drive one mile south of C-470 and Lucent Boulevard. It features a beginners bowl, street skating and a snake run with 8′ vert bowl. Redstone Skate Park is a non-smoking facility. BMX bicycles without pegs are allowed.
The Tanks Park offers a fun box, a wedge and two quarter pipes. It is located on the northwest corner of South Broadway and Wildcat Preserve Parkway.
Check the bulletin boards at the skate parks for up to date event calendars. Protective equipment including helmet, knee and elbow pads, shoes and wrist guards are strongly recommended.
This is geared toward beginner skateboarders or those who have never tried the sport and want to test it. Participants will learn how to push and roll the skateboard through proper technique and foot placement. Each lesson includes the use of the patented designed SkateStart skateboard. If you are interested in owning a SkateStart skateboard, you may purchase the board with the lesson. Participants are required to bring a helmet and shoes.
Fee: Resident: $45 Nonresident: $52
|Registration Deadline||Friday before the class starts|
|Purchase of Skateboard||Resident: $125 Nonresident: $144|
|Time||9 – 10:30 a.m.|
|Saturday, June 21||Activity #101806-A
Activity #101806-B (Purchase of skateboard)
|Saturday, July 12||Activity #101806-C
Activity #101806-D (Purchase of skateboard)
|Saturday, August 9||Activity #101806-E
Activity #101806-F (Purchase of skateboard)
SkateStart Full and Half Day Camps
Look forward to mastering drop-ins, carve the bowls, ollies, games of SKATE, skate trivia, scavenger hunts, prizes, and more. This summer we are offering a full day camp in which your child will need to bring a lunch.Find out why everyone is talking about SkateStart and join the fun! Make sure you’ve got shoes and a helmet. If you are a beginner, it is highly recommended you attend the SkateStart Level 1 program prior.
Registration deadline: Friday before class starts
Full Day Camps
|Fee||Resident: $200 Nonresident: $230
Includes a SkateStart t-shirt.
|Date||June 23 – 25|
|Time||9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
Half Day Camps
Fee: Resident: $95 Nonresident: $109
|July 14-16||9 a.m. – noon||101809-A|
|August 11-13||9 a.m. – noon||101809-B|
Ready to register? Click here.
Contact Amber Garrett at 720-240-5934 or email@example.com. Check back for summer and fall lessons.
Ruler of the Railzz – Skateboarding/BMX/Scooter Competition
Competition starts at noon
|Fee||$10 per participant per event.
Cash or credit card only.
|Divisions||Beginner ages 4-7
Beginner ages 8+
Advanced Mini Bowl
|Registration||Pre registration is recommended.
However, registration will also be accepted on site from 11 – 11:45 a.m.
All program registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
or until divisions are full.
Wait lists will apply once leagues are full or after the registration deadline.
|Equipment||Helmets are required.|
|Description||The Ruler of the Railzz skate park competition at Redstone Skate Park provides a competitive event for all skaters in the Denver metro area.
This annual event brings out local skaters to compete for the top spot in this area.
The contest is open to all ages and abilities with five different divisions in which to participate.
Contact Amber Garrett at 720-240-5934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redstone Skate Park/Tanks Skate Park Rules
|November – February||9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|March – May||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|June – August||8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|September – October||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
The skate park will be closed on Christmas day.
- Redstone Skate Park is a smoke-free zone. Smoking is prohibited within 50 feet of the skate park.
- No dogs allowed in fenced area.
For Your Safety
- Check the area to be sure it is safe before you ride or skate.
- Helmets, knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and shoes are strongly recommended.
- Know your limits and skate or ride within them.
- Keep the parks clean!
If you bring food or drinks to the skate park, please pick up after yourself.
- Take the time to scope the environment for hazards before dropping in.
- The parks may be closed at any time for maintenance or safety reasons.
- Click here for updated closure information
- Wait your turn and be ready when it is!
- Runs should last no more than 45 seconds to a minute.
- Make sure that others have a chance to use the park. Do not snake (bump in line).
- Stop, look and listen. Watch for potential hazards and other riders.
- Know your (or child’s) abilities and stay with them.
- Please help keep the park clean. Littering and graffiti will not be tolerated.
- Only one run or combination of obstacles is allowed per turn when the park is busy.
- Children and beginners should have parental supervision.
- For everyone’s safety, reckless or dangerous users may be asked to leave the premises immediately.
For more information, please call the Metro District, Parks, Recreation
and Open Space Service Center at 303-791-2710.