Welcome to Highlands Ranch, Colorado!
As the local government in our community, the Highlands Ranch Metro District’s Board of Directors is comprised of seven elected board members who represent the citizens of Highlands Ranch. A 22,000-acre master-planned community, Highlands Ranch was founded in 1981. The community has a population of 95,000 people. Highlands Ranch is located 12 miles south of Denver in Douglas County and offers a wonderful quality of life and opportunities for an active lifestyle.
The Metro District is committed to providing the following high quality municipal services while managing resources wisely for Highlands Ranch.
- Construction of major roads
- Installation and maintenance of landscaping and fences adjacent to major roads
- Installation of traffic signals and street lights on major roads
- Construction and maintenance of parks and trails
- Youth and adult outdoor recreation and sports programs
- Management and maintenance of extensive natural open space areas
- Construction of storm drainage facilities
- Emergency and fire protection services through a contract with the City of Littleton
- Water and wastewater services through a contract with Centennial Water & Sanitation District
- Community events and volunteer opportunities
- Senior outreach
- Operation of the Highlands Ranch Mansion